Protection of personal data
The Central Commission for the Navigation of the Rhine (CCNR) it is fully committed to protecting personal data and to respecting the privacy of visitors to its website.
This personal data protection and cookies policy describes what types of personal data about you the CCNR and any subcontractors it may employ may have reason to process.
All your personal data will be handled in accordance with current regulations, specifically Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR) and with any applicable national data protection legislation.
The user of the site acknowledges that he is aware of and has accepted this policy. If the user disagrees with these terms, he is at liberty not to use the site and not to provide any personal data.
This personal data protection policy aims to inform data subjects of the way in which the CCNR collects and processes their personal data.
Personal data: any information about an identified or identifiable natural person, whether directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number or to one or more identifiers specific to him;
File: any structured, stable set of personal data that can be accessed according to specific criteria;
Data subject: a natural person to whom the data being processed pertains;
Controller: entity collecting and processing personal data;
Data processing: any operation or set of operations, Irrespective of the means employed, and specifically the collection, recording, organisation, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
Recipient: any person authorised to receive the data other than the controller, processor and those persons who by reason of their duties are responsible for processing the data;
Authorised third parties: authorities with the legal power, by virtue of a specific remit or the exercising of a right of disclosure, to request the controller to disclose personal data to them.
Central Commission for the Navigation of the Rhine (CCNR)
Palais du Rhin
2, Place de la République – CS 10023
F-67082 Strasbourg France
The CCNR collect personal data on you in operating the website https://www.ccr-zkr.org. These data are processed for the intended purposes at the time of collection, namely:
- The management of requests collected by the contact form or via the email address provided to you;
- The generation of statistics on website traffic;
- The management of outbound emails;
- The management of newsletter subscriptions;
- The management of event subscriptions;
- The management of application files in response to job vacancies.
When collecting data, the user will be informed if certain data items are mandatory or optional. Data identified with an asterisk on the registration form are mandatory, failing which the user will be unable to access and use the services.
Furthermore, the CCNR might also collect personal data for other purposes, taking care to obtain the prior consent of the data subjects in question.
Specifically, the CCNR might collect the following data:
- Identity: name(s), first name(s), address, telephone number (landline or mobile), fax number, email address, organisation, profession;
- Contact details: messages sent to the website via the contact forms;
- Data on newsletter subscriptions: name(s), first name(s), email address;
- Traffic statistics: IP address, cookies, for example the pages viewed by the user, date and time of page views (see cookie-related details below).
The CCNR will retain your personal data in a secure environment only for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected or for the minimum retention period provided for by the relevant French legislation:
- Management of requests via the contact form or via the email address provided to you: 1 year from the date the requests were received
- Web analytics and personalisation of websites and mobile applications, management of cookies: 13 months
- Newsletters: the period of your subscription to the newsletter until your unsubscription.
- Cookie statistics: 6 months
- Applications: 2 years from the last contact with the candidate
- Subscription for events: 2 years from the date the information was received
Certain personal data may be retained by the CCNR for longer periods purely for archiving purposes, in the public interest, for scientific or historical purposes, or for statistical purposes.
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data, you have the following rights over your data: the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure (the right to be forgotten), the right to object, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability. You may also lay down instructions on the storage, erasure and disclosure of your personal data after your death.
For reasons to do with your particular situation, you may oppose the processing of personal data.
To assert your rights, please write to: Commission centrale pour la navigation du Rhin (CCNR) - Palais du Rhin, 2, place de la République - CS 10023, F-67082 Strasbourg cedex or to the email address below: email@example.com.
In the event of doubt, the CCNR reserves the right to ask you for a copy of your ID card (this copy will be destroyed once your identity has been checked in our files or within one month).
If the provisions above have not been complied with, you are entitled to complaint to the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés.
Personal data collected on this website are for the sole use of the CCNR.
However, the CCNR reserves the right to pass on your personal data in order to comply with its legal obligations, especially if compelled to do so by a court warrant.
The CCNR takes all the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the confidentiality of personal data that is collected and processed, as well as a level of security appropriate to the risk having regard to technological progress, implementation costs, the characteristics of the data to be protected and the risks to individual rights and liberties.
The CCNR has defined a personal data protection policy and notifies any individual acting under its authority accessing this information of its confidential nature. The CCNR also ensures that those of its technical service providers likely to be privy to personal data respect the same confidentiality.
However, it is up to each user to ensure the security of personal data communicated over the Internet. The CCNR cannot be held responsible for the communication of personal data over the Internet.
The user is informed that, when visiting our website, information is likely to be recorded in “cookies” files installed on your computer subject to the choice made by the user; this choice may be amended at any time.
A cookie enables its issuer, for as long as it remains valid, to identify the terminal device in question (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) each time this device accesses digital content containing cookies from the same issuer. A cookie records information about your computer’s browsing behaviour on the CCNR website (the pages you have visited, the date and time of the visit, etc.) that the CCNR will be able to read when you subsequently return to the site.
These cookies facilitate navigation and improve the website’s user-friendliness.
You may decline the recording of cookies by changing your browser settings, as stated below. In this case, access to certain website services and headings may be affected or impossible.
Several types of cookies are likely to be used by the website:
- Cookies required for navigating the site and for ensuring its correct functioning;
- Cookies that enable site visit statistics to be generated.
Navigation cookies enable service performance to be improved to provide the user with a better site experience. These cookies do not require the user’s prior notification and consent to be placed on the user’s device.
More accurately, these navigation cookies enable:
- the website layout to be changed to reflect the device’s display preferences (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when users visit the site, depending on the display or reading hardware and software aboard the device;
- access to be authorised to an area requiring an ID and password;
- information on the form that the user has filled out on the site or on information that the user has selected on the site to be remembered;
- the user to be offered access to his account or to any other area reserved for subscribers based on their IDs;
- security measures to be implemented, for example when the user is requested to reconnect to content or to a service after a certain period of time has elapsed.
This website uses a web analytics service provided by Google Inc called “Google Analytics”. The data collected using cookies are transmitted and stored by Google Inc.
Google Inc. is a Privacy Shield member (EU-U.S. Privacy Shield draft adequacy decision of 12 June 2016), thus ensuring an adequate level of protection of personal data.
The Google Analytics measures the number of site visitors and identifies the way in which they use the site. These cookies are installed and read on the user’s terminal device as soon as it accesses a website using the Google Analytics service.
You can find more information about the Google Analytics service by going to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
When you browse the CCNR website, installing and reading cookies enables your browsing behaviour to be analysed and traffic measured.
You can also manage the cookies used on the website by configuring your browser, as described below. The user is informed that when he visits the site, cookies or other technologies are used subject to the choices made by the user; this choice can be changed at any time.
You have several options for deleting cookies.
Indeed, although most browsers come with default settings and accept the installation of cookies, you can if you like:
- choose to accept all cookies, or reject them systematically, or decide which of them to accept depending on the issuer.
To do this, you can install a cookie manager to add, delete, amend, search for, protect and block cookies.
- Configure your browser to accept or reject cookies on a case-by-case basis prior to their installation.
- Regularly delete cookies from your device using your browser.
Do not forget to configure all your various devices’ browsers (computer, tablet, smartphone).
When it comes to managing cookies and your preferences, each browser is configured differently. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will tell you how to amend your cookie preferences. For example:
- For Internet Explorer™:
- For Safari™:
- For Chrome™:
- For Firefox™:
- For Opera™:
However, please note that by configuring your browser to reject cookies, certain features, pages or areas of the website will not be accessible, for which the CCNR cannot be held responsible.
Should the CCNR change its current policy, or if it required by law, it will be published on our website and come into force upon publication. Consequently, the CCNR invites you to check the policy each time you visit the site so that you are aware at all times of the latest available version on our website.
For information on the protection of personal data, you can also visit the CNIL website https://www.cnil.fr